Many times you have encountered a situation where your system starts lagging or working slow. I know this is really bothersome because nowadays everyone is working from home and when your PC starts responding slower it is irritating.
However, you are more likely to witness this issue when your PC is filled with various temporary caches, junk files, and programs. Well, it has been seen many people are not sure which junk files should be deleted and which one is right to keep.
Here in this blog, I will share the best quick methods first that will help you to understand the procedure easily.
Best Ways To Clean Junk Files On Windows 10
Free The Recycle Bin
This is the foremost and easiest way to clean junk from your computer. Within a few steps, you can understand how to proceed with this method. Follow these steps mentioned below
- Go to the desktop and tap on the Recycle bin.
Either select all the deleted files by clicking on CTRL + A and delete them by pressing CTRL + D. You can also right-click and tap on Empty Recycle Bin.
Tap on Yes to proceed with this step. If this method doesn’t work, you can follow the next method.
Clean Junk Files With Storage Settings
Storage Sense is a feature on the Windows settings that helps delete temporary files from your PC including both system and secondary drives.
- Press the Win key and I together to launch Windows Settings.
- Here tap on System.
- Now navigate to the Storage on the left side pane as shown in the image below.
- Here you will see the “Configure Storage Sense or run it now” feature under the “Storage” section. Tap on it to proceed further.
As you can see the Temporary Files, there is a feature “Delete temporary files that apps aren’t using the option” Checkmark it to continue.
- Now click on Clear Now under “Free Up Space Now”
I hope this method helps!
Uninstall Non-Essential Apps & Games
Uninstalling applications that are rarely used is another effective way to clean junk files and add space to your system storage. In this method, we will uninstall the least used apps. Follow the below-mentioned steps to proceed.
- Launch system settings by pressing Win key I together.
- Here, navigate to the Apps settings.
- Now click on App & Feature and choose the sort with Size. Through this, you will understand which app is consuming more space.
- Now you can select any app of your choice and tap on uninstall as shown below.
In this way, you can uninstall all the rarely used app and free up the storage on your PC. You can also delete maps, languages in a similar way.
To Delete Maps-Settings > Apps > Offline > Delete All Maps
To Delete Used Language- Settings > Time & Language > Language > Select The Language > Remove
Remove Users From PC
If any of your family members are no longer your PC, you can remove them with the help of the following ways:
- Head to the system setting by pressing the Windows key and I together.
- Here tap on Accounts
- In the Accounts tab click on Family & Other Users located on the left side pane.
- Now you need to select the account that you want to remove from the list.
- In the next step, you will be asked to delete the account data of your selected account.
Once you finish, your PC will get more space by eliminating the extra accounts from your system.
The above mentioned are the manual methods that you can do on your system. However, there are many people who are looking for a quick solution. Henceforth, I am mentioning the instant solution to help you in cleaning Windows 10 PC.
Advanced System Optimizer
As we know manual options can consume a lot of time and patience. Here I am introducing smart cleaning software for Windows, Advanced System Optimizer. This software not only clean but also optimize, protect, and speed your PC overall performance.
There are a total of eight modules that work differently on your system. Mainly this software helps in Disk Cleaning, Optimization, System Security, Privacy, Backup, and Recovery. Let’s understand how this amazing software works.
- Install and launch Advanced System optimizer on your Windows 10
- Here, you need to follow the screen instructions,
- Once the software is installed, on the home screen there is an option of Start Smart PC Care. Tap on it to proceed further.
- Here you will get various options on the left side pane such as Smart PC Care, Disk Cleaner & Optimizers, Windows Optimizers, Registry Optimizers, Security & Privacy, Backup & Recovery, Regular Maintenance and Common Issue Fixer.
- All the above-mentioned modules work on different levels. If I talk about Smart PC Care, share the registry issues, unwanted data that are interfering with disk space, and many more. You can tap on Start Scan to get rid of all of them.
- Here Windows Optimizers amend outdated system drivers along with allocating memory usage and many more. All this can be solved in just one click.
- So, the Common Issue Fixer is a smart module that makes sure there are no duplicate files left on your PC.
There are some other modules too that work efficiently on your system. You can download its free trial which is valid for 24 hours.
I hope you like this article and also understood how you can clean temporary files on Windows 10. However, along with manual methods I have also mentioned the quick solution [Advanced System Optimizer] You can try them at your convenience and flush out all the junk files from your system.