On-demand delivery apps have made our life easier and convenient especially during this pandemic times. Be it food delivery or grocery delivery, the on-demand delivery app development has assisted companies like UberEats and Grofers to set new benchmarks of success in a short time. The on-demand economy is still booming and offers many opportunities to startups or SMEs who want to come up with user-friendly on-demand delivery apps.
Today, the concept of on-demand delivery has gone beyond food and groceries. Entrepreneurs and business owners tend to provide home services, parking lot, same-day delivery, beauty, and health-related services with the help of on-demand delivery apps. As per the US Census Bureau’s survey on American Community has revealed that people spend over $57 billion every year in the on-demand economy.
Millennials, as the most demanding users, remain the drivers of on-demand delivery services. Gradually, the share of elder people is also increasing with a steady rise in the popularity of on-demand healthcare apps. What makes the on-demand delivery services more beneficial for the startups is the fact that these services gain traction of investors worldwide. Be it Uber or AirBNB, many on-demand services providers have successfully got funding from investors.
If you want to boost your business by leveraging the benefits of on-demand delivery services, you can opt for a user-friendly and feature-rich mobile app. However, many startup owners have little or no idea of how much does it cost to develop an on-demand delivery app. Let’s understand the cost-determining factor for an on-demand delivery app. But before that, we should go through the business benefits of on-demand delivery over traditional delivery.
Key Business Benefits of On-demand Delivery through Apps Compared to Traditional Models
The on-demand delivery concept is based on mobile apps. It facilitates customers to give orders online and get the delivery on their doorstep. Here are the benefits of on-demand delivery for your business-
- You can offer the mobile-first experience to your customers
- Apps can enhance business processes and increase productivity
- Delivery apps are more efficient and cost-effective marketing tools
- On-demand delivery apps enable your customers to pay online with ease
- Apps bring automation in various operations to increase the speed of delivery
All these and many other benefits can be leveraged easily when you integrate the on-demand method into your business system. The on-demand delivery app development company includes some of the typical features in your on-demand app so that you can easily draw the attention of your existing and prospective customers.
It is fair to mention that the features and complexity of the app are the major cost-determining factor. Here are some of the must-have features for your on-demand delivery app.
Top Features of On-demand Delivery Apps
The on-demand delivery apps consist of three panels- Customer Panel, Delivery Agent Panel, and Admin Panel. All three panels have different features but the most important features you need to integrate into the app are-
- Registration and Profile Creation- This feature remains common in both the customer panel and delivery person panel.
- Delivery Booking- Customer can book their orders using this features in the on-demand delivery app.
- Accepting or Rejecting Order- This feature is added in the delivery person’s panel to enable them to accept or reject the order.
- Price or Fair Calculation- It facilitates customers to get the exact price for the services or products before booking.
- Real-time Tracking- Customers can track their orders in real-time with this feature. The admin panel also has this feature to track the order and ensure on-time delivery.
- Maps and Navigation- This is a common feature for the customer and delivery person’s panel. It enables your customers to find the route and ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival).
- Payment Gateway Integration- This feature facilitates customers to make payments using any of the methods they like.
- Delivery Confirmation- This is a common feature among both the customer panel and the admin panel. It confirms the delivery of an order.
- Review and Rating- Customers can give their reviews and rating for services they get so that you can make insightful decisions and improve business processes.
How Much Does it Cost to Build On-demand Delivery Applications?
Apart from features and complexity, an important factor that decides the cost of on-demand delivery app is the hourly rate of developers Globally, there is a huge variation in the hourly rate of developers. For example, the US-based app developers charge anywhere around $150 to $200 an hour, and Indian app developers take around $30 to $50 an hour for the same task. In a way, the hourly rate of developers impacts a lot in the cost of development.
Before consulting a reputed mobile app development company, it is advisable to make a roadmap with the necessary features and functionality. Based on this roadmap, the company can give you an exact quote about the cost of your on-demand delivery app. Ideally, if we consider all these factors, a simple on-demand delivery app with the most necessary features costs approximately $ 15000. However, this amount can increase significantly with the increasing number of features.
Developing an on-demand delivery app for your business is a fruitful investment as you can make the most of a booming on-demand economy. But then, you need to spend a considerable amount of time and money on building a unique and user-friendly app. Selecting the right mobile app development company can help you come up with a feature-rich and future-ready on-demand app.
Jamie Joyner is a content cum digital marketer at Solution Analysts, a leading android app development company. She is an avid reader and likes to remain updated for technological advancements in the domains of web, mobility, IoT, and emerging technologies. Her articles are informative and interesting at the same time as he expresses insightful thoughts clearly.
Featured Image Source: www. konstantinfo.com