The journey started at International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) in the year 2000 at the Millennium Dome in London. Since then all IIFA award events have been hosted at various locations around the world. We had a huge presence at 20th IIFA Awards this year held at Mumbai, NSCI, SVP Stadium on 18 September 2019. IIFA Awards presented annually to honor both artistic and technical excellence of professionals in Hindi film cinema. Here the biggest Bollywood stars get together with their stunning looks and style.
The biggest stars of Bollywood strutted down the green carpet with their fancy splendor and fashion. IIFA Awards 2019 hosted by Ayushmann Khurana and Aparshakti Khurana.
IIFA Awards 2019: The Winners of this Awards were
- Director Meghna Gulzar’s Raazi Claimed Best Film Award
- Best Actress Alia Bhatt for Raazi
- Best Actor Ranveer Singh for the film Padmaavat
- Best Supporting Actress Aditi Rao Hydari for Film Padmaavat
- Best Supporting Actor Vicky Kaushal for The Film Raazi
- Best Director Sriram Raghavan for The Film Andhadhun
- Best Debut Male Actor Ishaan Khatter For The Film Dhadak
- Best Debut Female Actress Sara Ali Khan for The Film Kedarnath
- Best Lyrics award Amitabh Bhattacharya for Dhadak
- The award for best actress in last 20 years goes to Deepika Padukone
- Lifetime Achievement Award goes to legendary actor and comedian Jagdeep Jaffery.
- The Film Raazi Won Four Awards
- Padmaavat and Andhadhun received two Awards.
- Veteran actor Jagdeep honored with outstanding achievement in cinema award. This award is presented to him by Ramesh Sippy (who directed him in Sholay) and Ranveer Singh.
IIFA awards performances
The Bollywood stars arrived here to give tremendous performances. The sensational performances are given by Salman Khan, Sara Ali Khan, Ranveer Singh, Vicky Kaushal, Katrina kaif and others.
The power-packed performance by Ranveer Singh is the perfect start to IIFA award. Salman Khan danced to Garam Chai ki Pyaali Ho and Oh Oh Jane Jaana. Madhuri Dixit gave tribute to veteran choreographer Saroj Khan.
Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone attended IIFA Awards and made sure all eyes were on them. They were sitting in the front row together near Alia Bhatt and Daisy Shah on each side. Deepika sizzled in a shimmery lavender gown with a long veil carried with grace. Though she managed the long veil in gown on the green carpet, Ranveer Singh was seen lifting veil as she walked ahead of him at one point. Ranveer Singh was also looking impressive in his extravagant getup with a fiery red embroidery on his suit and a tiny ponytail.
Alia Bhatt looked ethereal in a flowy off-shoulder gown with a large bow at the back. Her bronze makes up accentuated her sharp features and a beautiful face.
Shahid Kapoor won a lot of praise for his dressing up. The suit had uneven fronts and belt that was left dangling from the shorter side and glittering elements. He was wearing a pair of black Canopumps slip-on from Christian Louboutin.
Katrina kaif was looking stunning with the shimmery red gown. She was wearing a red color backless gown in which she was looking bold and glamorous.
Words by Celebrities
Katrina Kaif shared her experience, “IIFA Awards are a great opportunity for the entire Bollywood cinema to connect with their fans on both national and international platforms.
Alia Bhatt also shared her experience, “That you all sitting here for a long time and watching us being honored and it means you all love Bollywood cinema.
Ranveer Singh, “my wife Deepika watching me with pride, it feels great honor to receive this award.”
The Bollywood stars went all out with their fashion choices this year, from elegantly carrying gowns, suits, and tuxedos.
Image Source: https://www.iifa.com/